CASE STUDY: Internal-To-Public Service Conversion
The client was one of the biggest tribunals in Albania. The Internal database was used for handling day-to-day business on a typical bureaucratic government organization. Every appointment and public information was handled by the public relations office with a long daily hanging of excel sheets in A4 format in front of the institution. It was a nightmare for the people interested in court dates and similar info, because the lists often had errors and inconsistencies.
Goal: Virtualizing the publication process, eliminating centralized decision-making and minimizing paperwork.
- Analyses of situation and evaluation of current assets. Interviews with shareholders, stakeholders and past and present users. Building of Personas and Journey Maps.
- Direct and Indirect Interviews. Observations.
- Questionnaires and Surveys.
- Card Sorting
- Identification of user’s needs.
- Reorganization of information architecture of the existing database to suite both ends (internal & public).
- Paper prototyping.
- Usability Testing to refine the User Journeys.
- Presentation of the research conclusions to the shareholders.
- Receiving feed-back and reevaluation.
- Consolidation of structure.
- Introduction to the design team.